Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Just call me Mimi

Anyone who has spent any time with Dougie lately knows that he has learned the word "Mama." It's very southern but not a term that we use or had planned to use. I was so happy that he was calling me something though that I went with it. We continued to refer to me as "Mummy" in hope that someday, he'd start too.

IMG_1571 - Cropped

We're not quite there yet but we've made progress. Dougie has started to call me "Mimi." Dougie has some trouble changing sounds in the middle of a word so we think he's picked up the second part of Mummy and just doubled it up. It's pretty cute and occasionally, very rarely, it comes out as Mummy.

2 comments:

Anne said...

How cute! Hey, when is the next little one due?

Kim said...

Thanks! :) We're due Thanksgiving Day so just a little behind you.